![]() |
| The cover of an album from Dad's Air Force stint |
![]() |
| Travelin' Bob getting us in the mood! |
As soon as the bottle message was in the mail (I think it cost about $3 to mail) everyone kicked in with their contributions. Our sister in L. A. filled an "if it fits it ships" postal box with beach sand. Thank goodness she bagged it first. The box was so heavy it got a little battered. The mailman brought it to the door. I happened to be there when it came and I'm not sure he believed it was beach sand.
Another of our sisters ordered a package of honey from Hawaii and a t-shirt. He loved the honey and he has worn the t-shirt! One of our brothers sent a package of coconuts and limes. He was going to put in a CD of Harry Nilsson's "Coconut" (you know, "put the lime in the coconut") but Dad's more country. He did love the idea!
I was able to take my two youngest Grands on a weekend trip to see "Great Papa", the six year old twins. We stopped and picked out a helium balloon, a pirate of course cause Great Papa is a boy. We went to Party City and got some cheap leis, straw hats, crazy sunglasses, sand pails with shovels and other tropical toys. Even tattoos, not what you expect the princess to pick out! It was a surprise visit because I knew he wasn't going anywhere!
Another brother and his wife brought an fiber optic color changing fish lamp and went on the cruise with us (they came to visit). They helped the Grands put a bar-b-q grill together so we could have a luau and it was a real hoot. One of the brothers sent some sea shells. If I missed something I'm sure I'll be reminded. ;-)
This trip can be as fancy or simple as you want. Some of the ideas we discussed were stickers, mail a helium balloon in a box, rubber ducky, hula dancer for the car dash, coconut bra and grass skirt, tropical sachet (you can't send aerosols in the mail), flip flop key chain, anything with monkeys or a beach towel.
![]() |
| Right after we told them about the 50th Anniversary Cruise! |



No comments:
Post a Comment