Hi! My name is Sandy and I'm from a family of 12. We traveled a lot, believe it or not! We had station wagons, vans (Dad called one of them the Paddy Wagon) and even buses. We camped at State and National Parks because they were only $5 a night back then. We stayed with relatives, they must have really loved us! Just think about it, a carload of kids moving in for a few days! Do we all have stories to tell!
Well, Travelin' Bob has gotten older. He hates to admit it, but his traveling days are just about over. Our family is spread out all over, literally from coast to coast. We get together twice a year for the family reunion in the summer and then near New Year's for the winter. But it's still hard to spend time with our Dad often enough. A few years ago, when he could still travel a little, we sent him on a Staycation during the the winter months. Our family sent him things that would make him feel like he was on a tropical cruise. He loved it.
Then we sent him on a trip to a dude ranch last fall. Again, it was a hit. He can't travel at all now so I've been trying to figure out a way to entertain him from a distance. I've looked all over the internet for ideas and found a few. But I wanted MORE! So I'm adding to what I found.
I hope to be able to help people keep in touch through the mail. I love getting mail and sending mail. It's a wonderful way to stay in touch, along with phone calls and texting and skyping! Next I'll put up some pictures for the first trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment